Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yoga!! A few days at Yogaville Ashram

Ahhh, what a nice little vacation I had, so relaxing. I spent three nights at the Satchidananda Ashram in Yogaville, Virginia. I woke to yoga and meditation at 6:00 am, was served three vegetarian/vegan meals a day, and had an evening yoga and meditation. The day was mine to hike, read and contemplate. Life has a way of getting away from us. I am not one to use my vacations to spin faster and see everything; I usually stop and go for a walk and take a nap. I can't wait to go back and just be- maybe for a week or more.

They practice intergal yoga with pranayma, chanting and meditation, it was wonderful. If I can manage to do my yoga tonight I will have done well maintaining my daily practice. I also am working on diet, i am not sure how I feel about going vegetarian or going vegan, but I thought I would give it a try to watch and phase out the meat, I love The Kind Diet, Alicia Silverston did a great job. Here to eating a diet that brings peace and love and health to live a "Light" filled life.

Here are a couple of my photo's during my walks.


Spring is coming!!

The Lotus Temple in the Hills of Virginia


Up the hill is series of shrines 

No comments:

Post a Comment